Monday, October 6, 2008

Molly's Graduation


Friday, May 18, 2007
12:21:48 AM CDT
Feeling Quiet
Hearing Slave to Love - Brian Ferry



Molly's Graduation



Today my baby graduated from Kindergarten. I can't believe how fast she's growing up. I want so much to just hug her and keep the moment from going away, because I know before I realize, I'll be attending her high school graduation too.

Molly was my own selfish reason for having a child. I already had Megan, so it wasn't the thought that I should at least have one because my clock is ticking. I chose to have Molly because I wanted someone to cherish and love as much as I did Megan. The problem with my relationship with Megan is that I never knew if and/or when her father would take her from me, either physically or emotionally and I'd be void of that special place in my heart. I wanted one that I knew would never leave my side, and Molly was that gift.

I am totally and irrevocably in love with this child and I just can't stop kissing that beautiful face. She's quiet the personality, and probably reminds me a lot of myself, the best and the worse. Looking at her today standing on the stage with her little diploma just fills my heart with such joy that I have this beautiful gift from God.

Love, for me, is an intense emotion, and life would not be complete for me without it. It's everything I hold onto, and everything I believe in. It such a strong power within me, I have to share it and I want others to feel that emense feeling of pure unconditional love. It's not an easy gift to give, cause you put everything you are on the line, and having it carelessly thrown back at you is a battle scar that never heals, but when it's returned, it's the most beautiful example of why I believe God put us here on earth.

No comments: