Monday, October 6, 2008

My Constant North


Sunday, May 20, 2007
3:02:21 AM CDT
Feeling Quiet
Hearing It's Probably Me - Sting

My Constant North




There has been one man that has been constant in my life, like a ship that stays in it's harbor, and it keeps me strong and ties my past to my future.

It makes me sad to admit that it's not my father, as I'd wish every little girl could say about their dads. My constant is almost embarassing to admit, and I rather find myself sounding like a love sick school girl or a crazy fan.

I have a passion for Sting that I've had since I was 15 years old. This passion has crossed many rough seas and broken bridges and still he gives me strength. As I have grown, so have I also watched him as an artist grow, and also as a human, and I long to be like him and would love a moment to spend in his company.

The words in his music have always spoken things I could never let pass my lips. His thinking is as close to mine as I've ever been able to find in a person, and to me, he's as beautiful as the day I fell in love with him.

I think I started listening to Sting because one my best friends was a huge fan of the music. I remember spending endless hours on the phone with my friend listening to the music and feeling blessed to find someone that understood how I was feeling.

No comments: