Monday, October 6, 2008

What's the meaning?

12:55:41 AM CDT Feeling Quiet
Hearing Save a Prayer



What's the meaning

There are so many songs, movies and videos that reach a part of my soul and speak the words I fail to allow out of my mouth. If I had to chose one song that spoke the loudest about me, it would have to be Duran Duran's "Save a Prayer".

I drive everyone around me insane some days looping the song thoughout the day on my computer. Kevin always wonders why I chose to listen to the same songs over and over.

The meaning of the song to me is simple. Save a prayer for me til the morning after. After the mistakes I've made, after the choices I've chosen, after the damage has been done.

As a teenager I constantly listened to the song, often rocking myself into that secure feeling. That feeling you get when you feel close to your higher powers and you know that everything will be ok if you just let go and let him guide.

Sometimes in order to know where you need to go, you have to remember where you have been, and what you have done, and what made you the person you are today. This song reminds me to stop and to listen; don't dream, just live a day.

I think of the people who have been in my life. I think about those that have left that deep etching in my soul that I carry with me in my little "box". People don't realize the impact they carry on other's lives. That even for one moment when they step into that "box" they can leave that person completely changed forever on. The concept for me is the deepest meaning of life. It is the base of who I am. It is the single most important reason I believe I was put on this earth, not for the car I drive, or how big my house is, but for the lives I touch and what I leave behind. I am doubtful that anyone will care less about what kind of car I drove or how much money I had generations from today. My legacy is in my family, my children and those lives I touch in the time I am here. I hope that before my life is over I've accomplished what I set out to do.

No comments: