Monday, October 6, 2008

Strange Dreams

Monday, May 28, 2007
2:54:58 AM CDT
Feeling Worried
Hearing Silence

Strange Dreams


I had the oddest dream last nite and it bothers me enough to keep me awake today and trying to figure out it's meaning.

What must have tipped it off was the neighbor's mailbox. Someone had apparently hit it cause it's lying in her yard in a few pieces.

Anyway, I had this dream that Kevin woke me up in the morning to show me our mailbox. Apparently, all the mailboxes in our neighborhood had been vandalized, but ours got the least of the damages. My first thought in my dream was that it must be because I was smart enough to concrete in a 2 foot metal pipe into the mailbox post (yeah, I know, overdoing it a bit, but it ain't going nowhere!)

After getting a closer look at the mailbox, I noticed that it had knife marks on the side of it, and the door was ripped off the box itself. I remember feeling really pissed about this, because it was to me as if the vandals couldn't knock it down, they had to make sure they destroyed the box one way or the other.

About that time, the vandals themselves were riding down our street, eyeing all their handywork. Mel being...well Mel...flipped them off as they passed by. Kevin asks me, "How do you know it was them?". I say, "Because I know them, that's why".

Shortly after, an older guy comes to my house and says to me, "I wanna know one thing...did you flip off my son?"

To which I reply..."Yes I did".

The man simply said ok and went back into his house. This is about the time I woke up. I suppose because perhaps my mind was telling me it was time to get the heck outta dodge before the guy came back with his gun (lol). I dunno.

What I do know, is that my dreams, when they are this vivid for me to remember, are usually my unconscience trying to say something, so I need to figure out what. Usually dreams like this tell me something is going on or about to go on in my life. Sometimes it's just straight on, and sometimes it's almost symbolic. The scary thing is, usually when it's symbolic, it usually leaves me with the memory of that person. I can never recall the whole dream with such vivacity.

Now mind you, these days, it'd be pretty unlike me to flip off a child, maybe an adult if they really got under my skin, but never a child, even if it was a teen ager. These days, I find, it takes a lot to get me to that point, but when I do, look out; my mother's tongue unrolls like a red carpet. In my younger days, let's just say I wasn't as skilled at controlling my mother's temper.

The whole thing has to be symbollic, but I don't remember any one person other than Kevin who's familiar to me in the dream.

No comments: